Monday 17 March 2014

Book Review: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Title: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer     
Author: Michelle Hodkin
Series: Mara Dyer (#1)
Published: 7th September 2011      
Source: Library
Goodreads
 

Mara Dyer doesn’t think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.

It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can’t remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.

There is.

She doesn’t believe that after everything she’s been through, she can fall in love.

She’s wrong.
                   


WARNING: DO NOT READ THIS BOOK IN PUBLIC UNLESS YOU DON'T MIND HAVING MULTIPLE FAMGIRLING MOMENTS 

After reading this book in about a day, I was left with three words coming out my mouth; what the fudge? I absolutely loved the creepiness in this book. Mara Dyer thinks that she is going crazy and Michelle Hodkin makes you feel as if you are going crazy with her. Not only is this book utterly creepy, it is also hilarious. The dialogue had me laughing out loud so hard. This book will make you theorise like a crazy person because the mysterious element in this book is to die for (I should be punnished).

The love interest of this book is the one and only Mr Noah Shaw. He is a very enjoyable character to read about and his lines have me in stitches. The way he cares for Mara is so adorable he made me blush ... I'm not ashamed. He has this 'bad boy' vibe going on but as you progress through the book you think is that all for show?

The cliffhanger on this book had me thinking "If I don't get this book right now, I will go on a killing spree." . I couldn't believe how that could happen but oh, of course, it did.

I conclusion, I loved this book very much so and I give it a billion/5 stars!

Hagar Manssour
                                                          
                                           
             

No comments:

Post a Comment