Friday 21 March 2014

Feature and Follow #1

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow 




Feature & Follow is a weekly meme hosted over at Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.
This week's question is...
   

How have your reading habits changed in the past few years? Did you get interested in a new genre? Do you read more? Less? Why do you think your habits changed, if they did.
Well, when I was younger I'd read the same sort of books; fairies, unicorns and the damsels in distress sort of thing but now I read more of a wide variety. From horror to romance, mystery to contemporary, sci-fi to fantasy. I much rather doing that and I enjoy reading a lot more this way.

I definately read a lot more now than I did 2-3 years ago! Then, I would read maybe one or two books a month but now I read 8-9 a month! I think the different book crazed communities helped me discover more books like booktube, Goodreads etc. 

I think my habits changed because I was fed up with reading the same story over and over and over again. My older brother had actually recommended a few new books to me that I read which I had enjoyed which were not based around fairies that needed saving (Rainbow Magic - I'm talking to you!). 

What do you think? 



Hagar Manssour
              


15 comments:

  1. Hey, I love that you're such an eclectic reader. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. I'm following back via GFC and Bloglovin.

    Johanna @ Challenging Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Your blog really is fantastic!

      Delete
  2. Yay for your first F&F! The blogging community and Goodreads totally helped me discover a lot of new books, too.

    Thanks for stopping by my FF! Now following on Google+, BlogLovin', and GFC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book-based communties are the best!

      Thank you for following!

      :)

      Delete
  3. Dang, 8-9 books a month!? WHAT!? How do people read that much in a month? T_T Booktube and Goodreads definitely helped me expand to a wider array of genres as well. Great post and welcome to the world of book blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I forgot to mention that I followed you via GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha thanks! If I had been told earlier that I would be reading 8-9 books a month I'd just laugh in their face! :)

    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping through. New bloglovin follower! I haven't used booktube much. Is it a really active scene? Who are some of the biggest channels?

    Welcome to #FF and blogging! Let me if you have any questions.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Book blogging helped me discover a lot of really great books. Plus Goodreads was a revolutionary tool for me. I never would have come across some of my absolute favorites if it weren't for it. :)

    Here's My FF :) New follower via Bloglovin :)

    Camille @ Girl meets Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely read a lot of different genres now that I never did before blogging. I'm now following via Bloglovin'.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad that you were able to branch out into other genres. Those who stay within the same genres all the time could be missing something great and life changing in another.

    Following back via GFC, BlogLovin, Google+!
    Thanks for following Booksniffer Book Reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've branched out a lot in my reading as well. I've always read a bit of everything but I do it even more so now.
    Thanks for stopping by my FF
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages
    +New Bloglovin' follower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there! New bloglovin follower!
    <3
    Brittany @ Please Feed The Bookworm
    Follow Me Here

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry for the late reply. I've no idea but I couldn't sign in to Google for the past 2 weeks, it kept giving me error. Now I can sign in but can't follow via GFC. So I'm following you via bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been happening to me too! Don't worry, it's fine!

      Delete